Sunday 18 August 2013

Bookshelves??

Hello everyone. So this week I will admit that I have been very lazy. Well, not quite. I've been very hard pressed to come up with a topic for this weeks post and after quite a lot of thinking, I've come up with nothing. It's actually quite strange when I think about it because I do have several post ideas but none of which were for this week. Either I've just done a similar post and don't want to do two almost identical posts in two consecutive weeks or I haven't finished or started that particular book yet.

Therefore I have, after much deliberation, come up with this weeks post ( and as I said its quite lazy of me). Over time I have built up a huge collection of bookshelf images and this week I thought I'd show you my favourites. I love reading and looking at these posts. It sparks my interest and to tell the truth, I love looking at book collections. I'm the person who will walk into a book store and even if I have something specific to buy I will do a lap around the store just looking at the books. Unless I'm with someone. Then it's just strange.

So here you go, a collection of bookshelf images from around the Internet. These range from unknown pictures, famous libraries, famous bookstores (like Shakespeare and Co. in Paris where I really want to go!), book collections from famous people and even a couple of my own images. Enjoy! 

Lovely little reading nook isn't it?

Lets face it, this just looks incredible.

Americana book shelving.

Dutch artist, Job Koelewijn created this. I'm not entirely sure how to get to the centre though.

I love this rotating bookshelf, I don't have much bookshelf space so this is perfect.

Strahov philosophical hall, Czech Republic

Library of the Benedictine Monastery of Admont, Austria 

Shakespeare and Company, Paris

Trinity College Library, AKA, The Long Room, Dublin, Ireland

I used to love Borders, mainly because of the comfy arm chairs they provided, I was sorry to see them go out of business.

An image from The Book Grocer, not captured by me. I do love the layout of this store.

Karl Lagerfeld's library, it's just big. That's all.

A very cute little spiral bookshelf. Makes for nice wall decor as well.

Not very practical but good for those with lots of empty wall space. It does look nice though.

Not entirely sure where this is but doesn't it look phenomenal?

Another lovely reading room.

Mine!! (And mums) 

And finally, one of my pictures that pretty much sums me up.

Hope you enjoyed my selection. Until next time,
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment