Monday 17 June 2013

Paper passion and other things


Well hello everyone, yes it is Monday and yes, I was supposed to upload a post yesterday. I have been so sick it's ridiculous and my mind just hasn't been working properly for the past two days. So yes, I forgot and you have my deepest apologies.

Now on with the show.  It is no secret that I am a colossal bibliophile but there are still some out there who are more infatuated with books than I am. There is a perfume out there that is supposed to smell like the pages of a book. Now I admit, when I heard about this I was quite eager to get some. I am less so now. The perfume is supposed to actually smell like books and have quite a nice scent anyway. The packaging is a hardcover book containing texts from Karl Lagerfeld,Günether Grass, Geza Schoen and Tony Chambers. It is a beautiful idea and is carried out to perfection. However, it is very expensive! It has a retail of $98 for 1.75 fluid ounces or around 50 ml. This for designer perfume is fairly standard however this is supposed to be not very long lasting at all. That being said I am still very intrigued and should I suddenly come in to a lot of money I think I will find it hard not to invest. For all of you who do have that kind of money I give you a link to amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Passion-Perfume-Geza-Schoen/dp/3869305010
The same perfume here is about $65 so you will be saving some money.

For those of you who are equally mad but have no interest in perfume I give you the book candle! Light it and you room will be fragranced with the delicate scent of books. This products however is very similar in execution to the perfume. Don't let the word candle fool you about the price! Once again the packaging is lovely and the glass holder contains quotes. However, yet again this is a very expensive products. Online it retails for $49 for 195g (I could be wrong about that) and despite my thrifty ways I cannot find you a cheaper version, sorry! None the less, for those of you still eager and rich as anything I provide you with the link:
http://www.assouline.com/9782843234590.html
The company who makes these candles also has a range of scented candles including leather and wood. An interesting product for yourself or as a gift, if you can justify it that is.

Well that's it, the two book related products that have astounded and intrigued me over time. I would like to point out that neither of those links are sponsored, I haven't been blogging long enough for them to be but should that time come I will always inform you first. I do apologise for the delay, feel free to leave all sorts of comments about my ability and memory. Until next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment