Sunday 2 June 2013

The hopeful notes

Hi everyone, so this week I was going to write about something completely different but this morning I came across a YouTube video that really got me excited so I thought I'd share it with you. Now I am subscribed to a lovely English vlogger by the name of Carrie Fletcher, I highly recommend her, I think she is witty, intelligent and charming. So today she was discussing the acts of kindness we perform and how, unfortunately, some of these acts are only done when we want something in return. 

Now I've done this, I've made my dad coffee when I wanted a lift somewhere etc. However I often go out of my own way to make someone feel good or to make their lives easier. An example, I went out with a friend the other day just to catch up. We're both extremely broke however her more so than me. That day all she could bring for lunch was a musli bar. Now I being less broke brought her lunch. Something she was incredibly grateful for. She's done it for me as often as I have for her. It may seem simple but I now have $5 in my purse until payday. Now I'm not complaining, and I'm not trying to make out as if I'm a perfect friend, I certainly am not. I'm forgetful, terrible at keeping in touch and could really work on listening. But I do have another friend whom I don't see or speak to often who would never do the same for me though I would do it for her. And yet another one who only ever speaks to me when she wants something. 

These differences really intrigue me however its not really what I was talking about (way to go off on a tangent!) what Carrie was suggesting was that we, as a community, start something called 'the hopeful notes'. Leaving notes or post its around with positive messages for others to find. Go and check out her video, she probably explains the concept a lot better than I will http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OYwkUUPQI. Now being a community thing she has set up a twitter account for the purpose of documenting this. Of course you can do it by yourself but should you want to join in leave @thehopefulnotes at the end of your message and then jump on twitter and post where you left it and what you wrote, simple!   https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=thehopefulnotes&s=typd

Now, for everyone who may be dubious, I do not know Carrie Fletcher, I have not been asked to recommend this and I'm not getting anything out of it. I just think its a nice idea. On other notes, I have a book review coming up for you, it's one that I've just started reading but absolutely love so keep an eye out for that. As you may have noticed you can now subscribe to my blog so of course do that! I hope that you are all well, I've been a bit under the weather lately and my foots swollen! I hit it only a couple of hours ago and it's been giving me a whole heap of grief! Until next week,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment