Monday 21 October 2013

Current reads and piling books

My this week has gone quickly! Work has been keeping me very busy and very tired. None the less, in the time I've had to spare I've been reading 'Emma' written by Jane Austen. I was a bit stuck on what to read next, despite my piles of unread books, however that day I saw the very first episode of the web series adaptation of 'Emma' on YouTube and my mind had been made up. I'm really loving the book so far which is just a very typical Jane Austen, beautifully written and wonderfully descriptive. Not that there is anything at all typical about Jane Austen.

As for my other books they are still multiplying faster than I can read them. A couple of weeks ago I was at the market browsing the book stalls when I found a copy of 'The Scarlett Letter' by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I've been looking into this ever since the movie 'Easy A' came out so I was very much pleased to find it. 

The week before last I spent the day out with my mother, we went shopping and I found some more Wordsworth editions that I couldn't pass up. The first was a collection of some of Charles Dickens shorter novels including: 'Oliver Twist', 'Hard Times', 'A Tale of Two Cities', and 'Great Expectations'. I do already have a copy of 'Great Expectations' but none of the other three and the Wordsworth editions are such good prices. 

The second was a complete collection of all of Lewis Carroll's writings which I was also excited to see. I really do enjoy reading Lewis Carroll so this was another must buy. I have also recently discovered that I am due for a free book at QBD and recently I have really been wanting a copy of 'War of the Worlds'. I read about the radio hoax again about a week ago and I've wanted to read it for quite a while so I've decided to finally get it.

Well that's all of my news for this week. What are you guys currently reading? Until next week,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment