Monday 28 October 2013

City Adventures

Hello everyone, last week for my day off I headed into the city and I thought that I would share my fabulous day out with you all. I headed in a bit later than expected so my first order of business was lunch. I had been reading about a small cafe hidden away called The Manchester Press. It has brilliant reviews and the menu looked really good. It is located off of little Bourke street and despite being tucked away in an alley it was really busy. I highly recommend turning up early for luch. There is only communal seating available and as such it has a very vibrant atmosphere. The menu is quite small, it has a breakfast section however when it comes to lunch the options are between salads or bagels.

Despite the lack of option the food is really very good, fresh and flavoursome. The coffee that I ordered with my lunch was expertly prepared although for the size it was a little bit pricy. All in all I really enjoyed this cafe and am definitely looking forward to going back. My next stop was Target. Due to the fact that I have sensitive eyes and with summer coming I was in desperate need of new sunglasses which I found in no time. I also wanted to try out a brand called urban ritualle and from them I brought a perfume that smells like summer, fruity and floral at the same time.

Of course I had to visit a bookstore during my visit to the city so I went back to my favourite, The Book Grocer. The store has stopped moving around so much and the books are more consistent but they're all still $10 or under. I picked up 'Mary, Queen of Scots, and the Murder of Lord Darnley' by Alison Weir. I adore reading about Mary, queen of scots and despite this being a non-fiction piece I'm really excited about it. My other purchase was 'A Name in Blood' by Matt Rees, this is a historical romance with a mystery twist, right up my alley.

A quick trip to Lush to purchase some bath and body goodies and then back home. I hope you all enjoyed this post. Until next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment