Monday 11 November 2013

A bookworms wish list

With Christmas coming up rapidly the time has come to start asking people for their holiday wish lists, and to benefit friends and family and perhaps even some of you looking for ideas I've decided to compile mine. 

My first pick interestingly enough is the 'V for Vendetta' graphic novel. Six months ago I would have never even looked at a graphic novel but over the past couple of months I've really gotten into them. I was reading this online but I enjoyed it so much that I would really love a copy of my own.

'The Princess Bride', William Goldman. I have loved this movie for years, in fact I had to study it when I was in year 7 which was one of the best assignments ever. I keep forgetting that there is a book but it is one that I am very eager to read.

'Heaven', Virginia Andrews. Due to my unfortunte luck I purchased the second novel in this series and I have my heart set on the first in order to correctly begin the series. I am a big Virginia Andrews fan and I do already have several of her novels.

'Time and Chance' and 'When Christ and His Saints Sleep', Sharon Penman. Once again I have the third book in this series and would prefer to begin with the first two. This is my favourite kind of historical fiction, absolutely packed with detail.

'The Mayan Prophecy', Steve Alten. I purchased the sequel to this not to long ago not realising that it wasn't a stand alone novel. I told you all I have bad luck with buying sequels!!

'Tournament', Matthew Reilly. Not only is this the very new Matthew Reilly novel (which makes it a must buy already) but this is set in the year 1546. Matthew Reilly and historical fiction, my dream combination. Naturally I am incredibly excited to see this come out.

Well that's all. Let me know, what is the one book you would love to recieve this Christmas? Until next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment