Monday 7 October 2013

Reading confessions

Following on from last weeks post I thought that I would write up some more of my reading trivia for you guys.

1. I used to mistreat books horribly as a child. I loved them but I never took very good care of them. Now I can't stand to see dog-eared pages and even lending out my books gives my heart palpitations. 

2. Because I have now become obsessively protective over my books I always have to use a bookmark. However sometimes I don't always have one near me. I will use anything as a bookmark so long as it's not the page itself. I'll use dust covers, spare bits of paper, receipts even clean, folded tissues. 

3. I buy books about three times faster than I read them. And occasionally I will buy a book that I know I will never read properly just because it looks interesting or is cheap.

4. I have a lot of trouble getting rid of books that I don't like. I have several books that I hated to read but every time I go to give them away I somehow talk myself out of it, I convince myself that maybe I will go back to them.

5. I hate borrowing library books. I tend to borrow a lot each time and I never have time to get through them all. In addition I hate time limits when it comes to my books and I'm always changing my mind about what I want to read.

6. I don't think I will ever buy a kindle. I will read the occasional online novel however it is only out of complete desperation. I still hate reading on a screen and I do think that if I were to buy one it would spend far to much time sitting unused.

Until next time,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment