Sunday 7 July 2013

Introducing Stephen Laws

You haven't heard of Stephen Laws? I'm not surprised. Despite being a fantastic writer he is not too well known. I have never seen his books in book stores and even when researching him he is not the first result to appear. This being said his lack of fame is quite astounding, he has written quite a range of novels and short stories, all of which have been reviewed quite highly.

Now recently I rediscovered one of his novels on my bookshelf, Spectre, which is an amazing piece of writing. It focuses on an old group of friends who go their separate ways during adulthood and are brought back together to fight a force that started killing them off one by one. It is fantastic, a little bit scary and has a well thought out plot. Laws writes almost as good a horror story as Stephen King.

So go and pick up a copy, I only have one of his novels that I found in a sale at a downsizing library (downsizing, so sad) but I'm planning on buying more. I realise that this is such a short post but I really just wanted to tell your about this magnificent author. So let me know, had you heard of him, and do you have any of his books? Until next time,
Catherine  

No comments:

Post a Comment